Thursday, November 11, 2010

What I Wore to Save the World by Maryrose Wood

Major spoilers for the first two books in the summary.

Title:
What I Wore to Save the World
Author: Maryrose Wood
Year of Publication: 2009
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 276
First Line: "'And so, in the immortal words of Polonius--'"
Summary: Senior year's coming up fast and I still have no clue about college or a career -- the whole rest-of-my-life thing is basically a blank. Maybe it's because I spent this year obsessing about Colin, the hot Irish guy I fell for last summer (that was right around the time I discovered that I'm a half-goddess from the days of Irish lore -- trust me, you had to be there). I even saved Colin from a nasty enchantment, but he doesn't know that. Colin doesn't believe in magic, not even a little.

But now a mysterious message has reunited me with Colin, who turns out to be caught up in the biggest faery-made disaster ever. We're talking the end of reality, and I don't mean reality TV. To save the world, I'm going to have to tell Colin the truth about my half-goddess mojo. But if he doesn't believe in magic, how will he ever believe in me?

Source: Back of book

Review: Better than the second, not as good as the first. I feel like a large part of the plot was missing because the plot-arc did not flow well. I still love Colin and Wood's writing style is unique -- though I don't know if I like it or not. Pick up the first book for something fun to read and then pick up the sequels if you're still interested.

Worst part: Whatever that missing piece was.

Best part: I liked the whole three crowns thing a lot.

Grade: B-

Other Books by This Author: Why I Let My Hair Grow Out and How I Found the Perfect Dress.


69 / 50 books. 138% done!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Abby! These book reviews are wonderful! I hope you get the chance to stop in and say hi if you're home during December. Hope school is going well too. --Joan

    ReplyDelete