Monday, January 11, 2010

Minor spoilers in "worst part."

Title: Living Dead Girl
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Year of Publication: 2008
Genre: YA
Pages: 170
First Line: "This is how things look: Shady Pines Apartments, four shabby buildings tucked off int he road near the highway."

Summary: Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared.

Once upon a time, I was not Alice.

Once upon a time, I didn't know how lucky I was.

When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends--her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over.

Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her.

Source: Back of book



Review: This has been on my TBR list for awhile. I finally got my hands on it from the library and I'm so glad I did. Living Dead Girl was very well-written, especially since the author, Elizabeth Scott, has written other books. I never would have guessed they were from the same author, having read one of the others. The style is very effective and the plot/story itself is often not as predictable as one might expect. Abduction/rape/etc. stories that I've read are usually pretty predictable but this one, I was unsure of until the last page, and even then I was pretty surprised. This may not be a book that I'm going to remember for the rest of my life, but it certainly was a good one and I definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone.


Worst part: I would've liked a little more description on the efforts of Alice's parents.

Best part: The entire thing--plot, style, everything--seemed incredibly realistic (thought it wasn't very grisly, which may be a negative thing in this case).

Grade: A

Other Books by This Author: Perfect You and Bloom





4 / 50 books. 8% done!

No comments:

Post a Comment